Stole this little meme from samena
Set your iTunes to shuffle play and post the first lines of the first 25 songs that come up. Have your flist guess from what songs they are.
(I should warn you that I have a very eclectic taste in music. It took me ages with iTunes on shuffle to even come up with 25 songs that have lyrics at all/lyrics that don't entirely consist of "ooh", "aah" or "la la la")
1. Come ye over frae France.
2. Who can say where the road goes?
Enya: 'Only Time' - guessed by samena
3. Smile though your heart is aching.
Josh Groban: 'Smile' - samena
got the title right, but not the artist.
4. This ain't a song for the broken hearted.
Bon Jovi: 'It's My Life' - guessed by moffel83
5. Vedi le fosche notturne.
6. A beautiful and blinding morning.
7. Carry on my wayward son.
Kansas: 'Carry On Wayward Son' - everyone. :)
8. I saw him dancing there by the record machine.
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: 'I Love Rock 'n Roll' - guessed by samena
9. Will I keep my dignity?
Cast of Rent: 'My Dignity' - guessed by flexible_k
10. Let me fall, let me fly.
11. At the edge of darkness hope is whispering still.
12. Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time.
Queen: 'Don't Stop Me Now' - guessed by samena
13. They told him don't you ever come around here.
Michael Jackson: 'Beat It' - guessed by samena
14. Báidín Fheilimí d'imigh go Ghabla.
15. On this half lit day with your crown beneath your wing.
16. There were three old gypsies came to our hall door.
17. Dum inter homines.
18. One day, one night, one moment.
Enya: 'Book Of Days' - guessed by lhazzie
19. Ope kondroman oen opo.
20. Is this my past here before me?
21. Ma's ann 'gam mhealladh.
22. Down around the corner half a mile from here.
Doobie Brothers: 'Long Train Running' - guessed by samena
23. Hey pretty baby with the high heels on!
Michael Jackson: 'The Way You Make Me Feel' - guessed by samena
24. We had the chance to turn the pages over.
25. I know I stand in line until you think you have the time to spend an evening with me.
Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman: 'Something Stupid' - guessed by samena
Wow, that selection alone spans 6 languages (none of them my native one) and at least a hundred and fifty years. Isn't music awesome? Rock on. :)